The Consular & Passports section is located on the 23rd floor of the Australian Consulate-General and is open between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding some Hong Kong and Australian public holidays. Passport and notarial services are by appointment only.
Contact information is available here.
For Australian citizens who need emergency consular assistance after office hours, please contact the Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on +61 2 6261 3305 or +852 2827 8881 and follow the prompts.
We would welcome feedback on our consular, notarial and passport services by completing our online feedback form. Click here for more information.
The Consular Services Charter sets the standards of service you can expect from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade when seeking consular assistance. For information about collecting your personal information please read the Consular Privacy Collection Statement.
We can provide consular assistance to Australians in both Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. For mainland China you will need to contact one of our missions in China.
Visit Smartraveller for travel advice and on-line registrations. The Smartraveller website is also available in traditional Chinese http://smartraveller.gov.au/communities/chinese-traditional.html and simplified Chinese http://smartraveller.gov.au/communities/chinese-simplified.html.
Australians in Hong Kong and Macau
Services offered by the Consulate in Hong Kong and Macau
- Consular Visits to Macau
- Notarial services
- Visas and citizenship
- Feedback on services (excluding visas and citizenship)
Other services for Australians living overseas
- APEC Card
- Births, Deaths and Marriages Registering Authorities in Australia
- Police clearances from Australia
- Tax Returns in Australia (Australian Taxation Office)
- Drivers licence renewal outside of Australia (Driver License Issuing Authorities in Australia)
- Drivers licence – international permit
- Benefits and payments while overseas
- Marriages overseas
Local services for Australians in Hong Kong and Macau
- Australian Association
- Australian Chamber of Commerce (AustCham)
- Counselling Services in Hong Kong
- Driving in Hong Kong for residents and visitors
- Funeral homes in Hong Kong and Macau (PDF)
- Hospitals in Hong Kong (Private)
- Hospitals in Hong Kong (Public)
- Hospitals in Macau (Public and Private)
- Lawyers in Hong Kong (PDF)
- Lawyers in Macau (PDF)
- Lost and stolen property in Hong Kong and Macau
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Medical Evacuations from Macau to Hong Kong
- Visa applications and extensions for Hong Kong
- Visa applications and extensions for Macau
- War Graves of Australians in Hong Kong (PDF)
- Travel advice - Smartraveller
- Register your travel plans (On-line registration for Australians overseas)
- Voting overseas advice - Smartraveller
Returning to Australia
- Information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
- Taking cats and dogs to Australia
- Importation of Motor vehicles in Australia
- Biosecurity in Australia