Australian Consulate-General
Hong Kong
Also accredited to Macau

Lost and Stolen Property in Hong Kong and Macau

Lost & Stolen Property

If your valuables are lost or stolen, you may wish to contact the following organisations;

  • Your travel insurance provider. Note: Your insurance provider may require you to obtain a police report .
  • Hong Kong or Macau police.
  • Your banking and/or credit card institution to cancel your credit and ATM cards.
  • The taxi, public transport company, or location where the valuables were lost or stolen.
  • Hong Kong or Macau Immigration. This may be required if you need to replace your Hong Kong or Macau ID, or your landing slip (piece of paper given to tourists on entry to Hong Kong or Macau).

Hong Kong police report

You can report lost or stolen property in Hong Kong online or by visiting a Hong Kong police station. A list of police stations and an online reporting form is available here;

Macau police report

You can report lost or stolen property in Macau by contacting the Public Security Police Force. They are located at Praceta de 1 de Outubro, Macau and can be contacted at (853) 2857 3333. Please visit their website for further information;

Reporting a lost or stolen passport

More information is available here