From 1 January 2017 the following fees will apply:
- 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over A$277 (up from A$254)
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over A$139 (up from A$127)
- Frequent traveller passport A$407 (up from A$382)
- Emergency passport overseas A$175 (up from A$153)
- Adult overseas surcharge A$103 (up from A$102) and child overseas surcharge A$52 (up from A$51)
See the list of fees here.
Applications for Australian passports must be lodged in person. Children under 16 years do not need to attend interviews. You will need to make an appointment. We will only see you in exceptional circumstances without an appointment.
Please select the appointment type matching your application. To lodge two applications at the same time, select 2 Passport applications or for three applications, select 3 Passport applications. Please contact us in advance if you are applying for more than three passports at the same time. Take care to make correct selection as this may affect our ability to complete your application during the appointed time.
Please note that appointments are normally booked out up to 2 weeks in advance. Keep this in mind when making your travel plans.
You do not need an appointment to collect your passport or to make general enquiries. To avoid long waiting times, we suggest you arrange to collect your passport in the afternoon during business hours.
More information including booking policy is available here.
Passport application types
- Adult passport, renewal (simplified renewal form)
- Adult passport, apply for their first passport, first adult passport or not able to use simplified renewal form
- Adult passport, apply for a passport in a new name
- Child passport (under 18 years of age), apply for their first passport or renewals
- Contact Us
- Emergency Passports
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lost and Stolen Passport
- Online feedback form
- Passport Application Information List
- Passport fees
- Passport photo guidelines
- Passport validity and foreign visas
- Processing times, collection and priority service
- Who needs to attend the interview and what to expect
For Australians in Macau
You may lodge your application during our regular consular visit to Macau. Appointments are needed and can be booked here. Please select service under Macau – Passport and Notarial Services on the booking page. If you select the wrong service we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
You can now submit feedback to us on our Consular, Notarial and Passport services by completing our online feedback form. Click here for more information.
The Australian Passport Office has commissioned a new series of videos about apply for and using an Australian passport. The videos are available for viewing at the following link: www.youtube.com/playlist