Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances. Appointments can be booked here (https://acghk.setmore.com/). Appointments are not required for passport collections or enquiries . To avoid long waiting time, we suggest you visit the Consulate in the afternoon during business hours.
Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available.
Bookings can be made 2 months in advance. We request that you do not book more than one appointment. Refer to your notification email if you need to amend or cancel your appointment (see example below).
Please ensure you select the correct type of service when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
The Australian Consulate-General introduced passport and notarial appointments in 2015 for the following reasons:
- provide a better service to clients by reducing wait times
- balance demand for our services throughout the week from peak periods
- increase the efficiency of passport and notarial services so that we can increase and improve services e.g. increase appointments for land transfers
Typhoon/Black Rain policy
The passport office will close following the rise of a Black Rain, T8 warning or above. If your appointment is cancelled due to a bad weather signal, please book a new appointment or contact us if you require an urgent appointment.
Appointments are available for the following services:
- Passport applications - adult and child
- Passport applications - adult and child in Macau. Please visit our Consular Visits to Macau page for further information.
- Notarial services in Hong Kong – appointments are now available for all notarial services in Hong Kong .
- Notarial services in Macau - not all notarial services are available in Macau. Please visit our Consular Visits to Macau page for further information.
Appointments are not required/available for the following services:
- Passport collections - please attend the Consulate 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Enquiries - please email/phone the Consulate or attend the Consulate 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
- Emergency passport applications - please visit here
We are unable to provide notarial services for visa and migration purposes. Please refer to the Visa and Migration page of our website for further information.
How to book your appointment
To book appointments please visit here
Steps to booking:
- Select your desired service.
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment. You may select a date or time between 1 hour and 2 months in advance. First select the date on the calendar and then choose the time. This will default to the next available appointment
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Agree to our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please refer to instructions below. Cancellations and modifications can be made 1 hour in advance.
- Attend the Consulate at your designated booking time.
Cancelling or rescheduling an appointment
You will receive an appointment cancellation/modification link each time you book an appointment at the Consulate. The Consulate sends email notifications when an appointment is booked. It will appear as per below:
If you want to cancel an appointment, please click the "Cancel Appointment" link and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
If you want to modify an appointment, please click the "Reschedule" link. You will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to reschedule your appointment.
If you require assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees vary month to month, up-to-date fees are available here.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.