Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances. Appointments can be booked here (https://acghk.setmore.com/). Appointments are not required for enquiries . To avoid long waiting time, we suggest you visit the Consulate in the afternoon during business hours.
Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available.
Bookings can be made 2 months in advance. We request that you do not book more than one appointment. Refer to your notification email if you need to amend or cancel your appointment (see example below).
Please ensure you select the correct type of service when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
The Australian Consulate-General introduced passport and notarial appointments in 2015 for the following reasons:
- provide a better service to clients by reducing wait times
- balance demand for our services throughout the week from peak periods
- increase the efficiency of passport and notarial services so that we can increase and improve services e.g. increase appointments for land transfers
Typhoon/Black Rain policy
Appointments during bad weather
Severe weather may cause delays or closure at the Consulate office, especially during May to November.
If you have an appointment during an unexpected office closure or severe weather event prevents you from attending your appointment, plesae go to https://acghk.setmore.com/ to book a new appointment.
Yellow, Red or Black Rain
For your safety and that of our staff, the office will not open if a Black Rain signal is in force at our normal opening time. When a Black Rain signal is lowered, it may take up to an hour to open and we may operate at a reduced capacity due to staff absences.
Once opened, the office will remain in operation during all rain signals. We will do our best to serve you as soon as possible if you are delayed because of the weather.
Typhoon Signal 8
For your safety and that of our staff, we will not open if a Storm Signal No. 8 or higher is in force at our normal opening time and where it remains in force after 1pm. If the storm signal is lowered to Signal No. 3 or below before 1pm will we attempt to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. However, it may take up to an hour to open and we may operate at a reduced capacity due to staff absences.
In all other circumstances, we will remain open until the Hong Kong Observatory indicates that a Storm Signal No. 8 or higher is expected to be raised. If this happens, we will finish serving current appointments before closing the Consulate. We are not always able to contact all clients to advise that we are closed, but will attempt to do this where possible.
Appointments are available for the following services:
- Passport applications - adult and child
- Passport applications - adult and child in Macau. Please visit our Consular Visits to Macau page for further information.
- Notarial services in Hong Kong
Appointments are not required/available for the following services:
- Enquiries - please email/phone the Consulate or attend the Consulate 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
- Emergency passport applications - please visit here
We are unable to provide notarial services for visa and migration purposes. Please refer to the Visa and Migration page of our website for further information.
How to book your appointment
To book appointments please visit here
Steps to booking:
- Select your desired service.
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment. You may select a date or time between 1 hour and 2 months in advance. First select the date on the calendar and then choose the time. This will default to the next available appointment
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Agree to our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please refer to instructions below. Cancellations and modifications can be made 1 hour in advance.
- Attend the Consulate at your designated booking time.
Cancelling or rescheduling an appointment
You will receive an appointment cancellation/modification link each time you book an appointment at the Consulate. The Consulate sends email notifications when an appointment is booked. It will appear as per below:
If you want to cancel an appointment, please click the "Cancel Appointment" link and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
If you want to modify an appointment, please click the "Reschedule" link. You will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to reschedule your appointment.
If you have any enquiries, please email us at email@example.com
Fees vary month to month, up-to-date fees are available here.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.