Australian Consulate-General
Hong Kong

Passports: Issue of Passport to Minors

In addition to the normal requirements for an Australian Passport, there are several additional requirements for applicants who are children (under 18 years of age). For example, full parental consent is required before a passport can be issued to a child.

If you are preparing an application for a child, take the time to read all of the information on the PC8 application form. You should also familiarise yourself with the information relating to children’s applications on Passports Online, especially the information about children and parental consent.

As with all Australian passport applications, we are required to see original documents. We do not accept copies, or certified true copies, under any circumstances. This applies even if you presented the original documents with a previous application.

If you have any further questions, please see the Child Applications section of our Frequently Asked Questions page by clicking here, contact us on 2827 8881 or

For more information on applications for passports for children see passports online.