Australian Consulate-General
Hong Kong
Also accredited to Macau

Tourist Visitor Visas

Visas and migration

[ Tourist Visitor Visas ]


If you do not hold a passport from an ETA eligible country, or an e-visitor (subclass 651) eligible country, and you wish to visit Australia for a holiday, tourism or to visit family or friends, you will need to apply for a Visitor visa (Tourist stream) Subclass 600.

If you hold an ETA eligible passport and would like to visit Australia for more than 3 months for a holiday, tourism or to visit family or friends, you will need to apply for a Visitor visa (Tourist stream) Subclass 600. Information on ETA and e-visitor eligible passports is available at:

How to Apply for a Subclass 600 Visitor visa (Tourism Stream)?

Subclass 600 Visitor visa applications can be lodged via ImmiAccount for many countries. For eligible countries, please see Subclass 600 eligible countries.

Online lodgement option for Subclass 600 visas is available for nationals of many countries including Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, British National (Overseas) and Taiwan passport holders. You can use this option if the duration of your travel for a holiday exceeds 3 months and you are not able to obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Further information on what passports are eligible for online lodgement and lodgement instructions are available at

All applicants must attach supporting documentation at the time of lodgement of the application online. Please refer to for the required documents. Failure to attach documents will lead to a delay in processing of the application.

If you are unable to lodge the application through ImmiAccount it can be lodged at the Australian Visa Application Centre.

The following must be submitted at the time of application. Please ensure that all information is provided at the time of application as the decision will be made based on the available information.

1. Form 1419, including passport photo, fully completed and signed by you:
2. Copies of the bio-data page of your passport and ID card (from Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan).
3. Your itinerary for your stay in Australia.
4. Evidence of sufficient funds such as personal bank statements, pay slips, taxation records, credit card limit.
5. If you are visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Australia and a copy of their passport. If your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have sufficient funds (refer to point 4 above).
6. Other information to show that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country, such as: 

- a letter from your employer stating your intention to return to your job and your taxation records
- evidence of enrolment at a school, college or university in your home country
- evidence of immediate family members in your home country
- evidence of your visa or residence status in your home country, and your right to return
- evidence of property or other significant assets owned in your home country.
- if you previously travelled to other countries copies of your passport pages evidencing your travel record.

7. If you are 75 years of age or over, you will need to attend a Panel Doctor for an assessment of whether you are fit to travel to Australia. We will refer you for medical examination after you lodge your application.
8. If you are applying for a long stay visitor visa (a stay of more than 3 months), you may be required to undertake a medical examination or a chest x-ray. We will advise you if this is required after you lodge your application.

Applicants younger than 18 years of age

A copy of the birth certificate for applicants under 18 years of age.

If a child under the age of 18 will be travelling without one or both parents:

- Form 1229 “Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years” completed and signed by the non-travelling parent/s or legal guardian/s giving consent for the child to travel and certified true copies of the parents\' passports bearing signatures or a statutory declaration from the parent/s giving their permission for travel.
- If a child is younger than 18 years of age and will stay in Australia with someone other than a parent, legal guardian or relative: a declaration signed by the person who will be responsible for the child in Australia:

Application Fee

Please click here to see the current application fee. Please include credit card details in form 1419. The fee is not refundable if the application is refused or withdrawn (unless there are legal provisions for a refund in the Australian Migration Act). Please consider the requirements carefully before applying. Further information on fees and charges and payment methods is available at: Visa and Citizenship Charges

Processing Time

Please lodge you application in advance. Processing priority will be given only in exceptional compelling or compassionate circumstances. You may wish to refer to for average processing time.

Please note that once the visa is granted the validity cannot be changed. If your travel plans change outside the visa validity a new application must be made and a new application fee paid.


Page Last Updated: 3 September 2018