Australian Consulate-General
Hong Kong

Notarial Services: Letter for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction

This services is available by Appointment only.  Please select Certificate of no criminal conviction on the booking page.  If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.   More information, including booking policy, is available here.

Book an appointment with Australian Consulate-General Hong Kong using SetMore

A Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) is issued by the Hong Kong Police. Applications for a CNCC will only be processed by the Police to accompany a visa application to another country, or for the purposes of employment or child adoption. Applications for private, commercial or any other purpose will not be accepted by the Hong Kong Police.

You will need a letter of certification from the Australian Consulate-General, stating the reason you require the CNCC.

We are unable to issue a letter for certification for visa and migration purposes.  Please refer to our Visas and migration page of our website for further information.

To obtain a CNCC:

Please bring your passport and Hong Kong ID card along to your appointment.  You will need to provide written details of the purpose of your application for a CNCC.  If you require the letter for study purposes, please bring evidence from your educational institution that you are required to obtain a CNCC.  

Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) application form (PDF)

CNCC letters issued by the Consulate-General, and the CNCC Certificates will only be returned by registered mail.  Please allow up to 5 working days for the letter for CNCC to be received by you.

You will then need to arrange an appointment with the Hong Kong Police in order to submit the form to them. Further details, including the Police’s required application forms and instructions on how to make an appointment, can be obtained from the Hong Kong Police website.

Once your application has been processed, the Hong Kong Police will forward the CNCC directly to us (the Australian Consulate), which we will then forward to you via registered mail.

National police check from Australia